Welcome to Dr. John G Kuna and Associates, where your mental well-being is our top priority. We offer telehealth/online therapy- convenient and accessible therapy sessions from the comfort of your own space. Through HIPAA-secure video conferencing, our compassionate therapists and psychologists are available to support you on your journey toward improved mental health.
With our telehealth platform, you can easily connect with our compassionate professionals, eliminating the stress of commuting, scheduling conflicts, illness, and more. Whether you’re seeking individual, couples, family, or group therapy, our flexible scheduling options ensure that therapy fits seamlessly into your busy lifestyle.
We believe that distance should never be a barrier to receiving the care you need. By utilizing our telehealth service, you can access personalized counseling tailored to your unique needs from anywhere you may be. Experience our telehealth service’s convenience, privacy, and effectiveness as you take the first step toward a happier and healthier life.
Dr. John G Kuna and Associates are primarily located within Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, spread across 14 locations for your convenience.
Telehealth is another means of providing therapy. Telehealth is just like an in-person session with a therapist, only over the phone or video conferencing either on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer. “Telehealth services” primarily refer to two therapy options:
- Video Therapy: counseling sessions provided via video conferencing
- Telephone Counseling: counseling sessions provided via telephone
Contact Us Today to Schedule Your Online Therapy Appointment
Benefits of Telehealth Therapy
- With telehealth, we are breaking down geographical barriers. No matter where you are located, whether it’s a remote area or a bustling city, you can access our therapy services. We want to ensure that distance doesn’t hinder you from receiving the care and support you deserve.
Convenience and Flexibility
- We understand that life can be hectic, with multiple commitments and responsibilities. Telehealth offers you the flexibility to schedule therapy sessions that fit seamlessly into your busy lifestyle. Say goodbye to long commutes and waiting rooms, as you can connect with our therapists from the comfort of your own home or any other private space that you choose.
Privacy and Comfort
- We value your privacy and want you to feel at ease during therapy sessions. Telehealth allows you to engage in therapy from the privacy and comfort of your own environment. This setting can create a safe and familiar space where you can freely express yourself and work towards your mental health goals.
- We understand that seeking therapy can sometimes carry a stigma or be a source of discomfort for some individuals. Telehealth eliminates the need for in-person visits, providing a more discreet option for therapy. You can receive the support you need without worrying about judgment or others knowing about your therapy sessions.
Seamless Continuity of Care
- If you require ongoing therapy or have mobility challenges that make regular in-person visits difficult, telehealth ensures continuity of care. You can maintain a consistent therapeutic relationship and continue making progress towards your goals, even when faced with physical limitations.
For video therapy, we are using either Zoom or Doxy.me to provide secure, confidential video therapy to our clients. Both these platforms incorporate industry-standard network and software security protocols to protect your privacy and secure your health information in transit. Nothing is stored when the connection is ended. Video therapy sessions are preferred to phone counseling sessions.
Here is what you will need to meet with a counselor using video therapy:
1: A computer or tablet with a microphone and a camera
2: A private space (preferably a room with a door) without pets, family members or other distractions
3: Headphones with a microphone for extra privacy
4: A secure internet connection (public Wi-Fi is not recommended due to lack of privacy)
5: Proper lighting in front of your face preferred (behind your head creates a glare to the camera)
Online Therapy vs. In-Person Therapy
In the realm of mental healthcare, we understand that both in-person appointments and telehealth services have their own unique advantages and considerations. Here, we explore the differences between the two:
Convenience and Accessibility
One of the primary benefits of telehealth services is the convenience it offers. With telehealth, you have the flexibility to attend therapy sessions from any location that suits you best, eliminating the need for commuting and saving valuable time. This accessibility is particularly beneficial for individuals with limited mobility, those residing in remote areas, or individuals with busy schedules.
Comfort and Privacy
Telehealth allows you to receive therapy in the comfort and privacy of your own space. This can create a sense of ease and openness as you engage with your therapist in an environment where you feel most relaxed. Confidentiality is maintained through secure video conferencing platforms, ensuring that your personal information and therapy sessions remain private.
Non-Verbal Cues and Physical Presence
In-person appointments provide the advantage of direct physical presence and non-verbal cues. Being in the same room as your therapist allows for a deeper connection, as they can observe your body language, facial expressions, and other non-verbal cues that may contribute to understanding your emotional state. In-person sessions also facilitate a more immediate sense of comfort and trust. This can be more difficult, although not impossible, with telehealth.
Telehealth services require a stable internet connection and access to appropriate technology, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone. While advancements in technology have made telehealth widely accessible, technical issues can occasionally arise, disrupting the flow of a therapy session. However, our telehealth service strives to ensure a seamless experience and provides support to overcome any technical difficulties.
Flexibility in Scheduling
Telehealth services often offer increased flexibility in scheduling appointments. With the elimination of travel time, you have the freedom to book sessions at times that best suit your schedule, making therapy more accessible and convenient.
Ultimately, the choice between in-person appointments and telehealth services depends on your preferences, needs, and circumstances. Our office is dedicated to providing high-quality care and support through in-person sessions or our convenient telehealth service, ensuring that you receive the assistance you need to improve your mental well-being.
Privacy & Confidentiality in Telehealth
We value your confidentiality. To ensure your privacy, your therapist will connect with you from a space where they can reasonably ensure confidentiality and lack of interruption. Your therapist may use headphones and/or sound machines to enhance your privacy.
Dr. John G. Kuna and Associates utilize a video platform that is fully HIPAA-compliant. This means that the platform has implemented stringent security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality of client information. It ensures that all video sessions conducted through the platform are encrypted and transmitted securely, reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
How Much Does Online Therapy Cost?
In most cases, telehealth services are covered by insurance, similar to an in-person session with your counselor. However, it’s important to review your insurance policy or contact your insurance provider to understand the extent of coverage for telehealth services. Insurance coverage can vary depending on the specific plan and provider, so it’s recommended to verify the details to ensure you have accurate information regarding coverage and any associated costs.